Expand your horizons!
Prerequisite: Basic Coastal Cruising 103
This 3 day course is designed to prepare you for live – aboard cruising. You will gain hands-on experience with boat systems, meteorology, docking and all other requirements that charter companies demand. Additional topics include
- Developing special cruising menus and provisions for an extended coastal cruise.
- Management of capacity and range of the boats water and fuel systems, and electrical system for the comfort and safety of crew on an extended live-aboard cruise.
- Learn to obtain and interpret detailed weather forecasts appropriate for extended coastal cruising.
- Discuss phenomena of sea breeze and land breeze and effects on our weather. Learn how to identify conditions which cause fog.
- Practice advanced methods of docking in strong winds and waves and tidal currents.
- Discuss the procedures and documents required to enter foreign waters and find out where to obtain this information for any cruising destination.
- Master the art of anchoring.
- Conduct motorized dinghy operations
Classes are 9am-5pm with a 1 hour lunchbreak
We sail on 32′ Cruisers.
Members of The Passport Sailing Club, after completion of this course are invited to hop onboard our Catalina 42 and sail with one of our senior instructors off the Georgia Coast for a free coastal cruise!
$850 per person | 9am- 5pm every day
Class dates are not interchangeable.
Fri, Sat & Sun
|Dec 2, 3 & 4 ( 4 Spots Left)
Fri, Sat & Sun
April 21, 22 & 23
June 23, 24 & 25
August 25, 16, & 27
Included in Course:
Once you are registered:
- ASA’s “Bareboat Cruising Made Easy” Text Book
Give us a call at (770) 945-8810
Fill out the form below
We are happy to answer any questions or concerns you have about the course!
Office Hours: Every Day 9am-5pm
We sail under all kind of weather conditions. Yes, even rain! Check the weather before you come and dress appropriately. If the Dock Master deems the weather too bad for sailing, instruction and review will continue in the classroom or on the dock until the weather passes.