gET BEHIND THE WHEEL!
This Intermediate Sailing course is perfect for the sailor who wants to leave the confines of day sailing and get hands-on experience on big cruising boats with wheel steering and diesel engines.
During this course you’ll gain hands-on experience:
- Learn how to dock a cruising yacht.
- Learn how to pick up a mooring on the first pass, every time.
- Learn mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems,
- Learn what sail combinations to carry under various wind and sea conditions.
- Learn how to identify the elements of that perfect cove and make safe anchorage.
- Learn new ways to recover crew overboard and how to get them back on the boat.
- Learn more useful knots. (Yes, more knots!)
Classes are 9am-5pm with a 1 hour lunchbreak
We sail on 32′ Cruisers.
If you’re a member of The Passport Sailing Club, after completion of this course you will be able to take out all of the boats in our fleet!
$800 per person | 9am- 5pm every day
Basic Coastal Cruising is a 3 Day course, offered Fri, Sat, & Sun. Class dates are not interchangeable.
FRI, SAT, & SUN
|-March 4, 5, & 6 (SOLD OUT!)|
|March 25, 26 & 27 (SOLD OUT!)
|April 1, 2, & 3 (SOLD OUT!)|
|April 22, 23, & 24 (1 SPOT LEFT!)|
|May 20, 21, 22|
|June 3, 4, & 5|
|Aug 5, 6, & 7|
|Sept 30, Oct 1 & 2|
Included in Course:
Once you are registered:
- ASA’s “Basic Coastal Cruising Made Easy” Text Book
How To Register:
1. Please Fill out the form below
This is so we have all your correct contact info and your name spelled correctly!
2. Give us a call at (770) 945-8810 to pay for your course
You are not registered until you have paid
We sail under all kind of weather conditions. Yes, even rain! Check the weather before you come and dress appropriately. If the Dock Master deems the weather too bad for sailing, instruction and review will continue in the classroom or on the dock until the weather passes.